So This is the New Year

/
0 Comments

A year of filtering out friends and family that do not serve me. 

A year of essays and late-night library work leading to graduation (with a 4.0); a year of therapy and meditation and Hatha yoga. 

A year of applying to a job overseas, of writing and reading and fulfilling myself with a kind of sustenance that is not found anywhere else. 

A year of ghosts showing themselves, coming up and reappearing; a year of being hurt, not by others, but by myself and my perceptions and expectations. Learning this has been key. 

A year of ironic humor--the universe is hilarious and, I have found, is never kidding. 

Twenty-three and twenty-fifteen were incredibly special. I came together, and then fall I apart. Over and over again. 


Can you call it
See it coming
Just enough to tell a story 'bout a
Portrait of a young girl waiting for the ending of an era
Can you call it
See it coming
Just enough to tell a story bout a





You may also like